Q: Keyless start problem

asked by on July 25, 2016

My car has a very low mileage of about 11,000 miles and I purchased it not long ago. It has intermittent keyless start issues. I took it to the mechanic because of this, but it started every time, so they couldn't find what was wrong. But, yet again, it wouldn't start so I don't know what to do. Do you have any advice?

Ignition Switch Replacement $160.91 - $807.33 Get a Quote
Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1142.70 Get a Quote
Battery Replacement $200.97 - $319.07 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there. This is not uncommon at all. The most likely causes would be the start button, ignition switch, starter, battery, or a wiring issue. Since this is an intermittent issue, your best bet is to try and have it diagnosed at the same moment you are having the problem. If you need help with this, a mobile technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting problem when you are experiencing the issue.