Q: How expensive is it to repair a timing chain in 2002 Altima 3.5?

Check engine light comes on, slow oil leak, code shown on diagnostic.

My car has 165,000 miles.

Valve Cover Gasket Replacement $100.87 - $1008.07 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the engine light and see what codes are stored or pending in the computer (ECM). For the oil leak, look around to find where the leak is coming from. If the leak is coming from the top of the engine, then most likely a valve cover gasket is leaking, which is a common thing to leak on engines.

Billing question sent to CS for the cost of repairing or replacing the timing chain on a 2002 Nissan Altima with a V6-3.5L engine.