Q: Why do my front tires lean in slightly?

asked by on November 07, 2016

My front two tires lean in just a little bit. Is it a tire rod?

If the front tires are leaning in at the top, this will cause the tires to wear on the inside. This is caused by worn ball joints and control arm bushings. It could be upper or lower control arms bushings or ball joints.

In order to isolate the cause, the vehicle should be lifted by the lower control arm to take the load off of the suspension. Then, you can wiggle the tire and watch for movement in the front end components. The lower ball joist is the first to go bad and then the inner lower control arm bushings will get worn out.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the tires are leaning and replace the ball joints if needed.