Q: I need to get the front splash guard off. It is destroyed and dragging on the ground. Can I do it without jacking it up? 1998 Honda Accord

I tried to get a bolt off on the right side that is holding it on. My ratchet couldn't get on the bolt because the shield itself is pulled up onto it. I even tried cutting it but it's thicker than most others I've seen.

Hi there, sounds like this may require you to at least jack up that side of the car to gain enough access to remove this. Be sure to set the parking brake, block the wheels, and leave the transmission in Park. Remember that with front-wheel drive like your Accord has, raising the front wheel off the ground negates having the transmission in Park. So set the brake and block the wheels. Gaining an extra few inches will do wonders in removing this panel - can then pry, bend, cut etc. as needed to remove this panel. Good luck, and be safe!