Q: Rear lights not working.

The taillights and brake lights of my car do not work. I tried changing the bulbs, but they still do not work. In addition, when I put my key in the ignition, the left headlight and right hazard light automatically come on and stay on.

Looking at the wiring diagram for your vehicle, I see that none of these circuits share a common ground. They do however, all receive power from the totally integrated control module (TIPM). This module is basically a smart fuse box. It has been known to cause all kind of unusually problems and has even been the subject of a class action lawsuit against Chrysler. I would first call you local dealer with the VIN of your vehicle and see if it qualifies for any of the TIPM recalls. I don’t think your model year applies though, unfortunately, but it wouldn’t hurt to double check. If your car is not covered under the recall, give YourMechanic a call. We would be happy to diagnose and repair your PT Cruiser.