Q: Head gaskets leaking

asked by on February 14, 2016

The head gaskets in my car are leaking.

Valve cover gasket is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

These engines, if turbocharged, can have various problems; the system over-boosted and blew the head gaskets, or the engine overheated and warped the heads, causing the gaskets to leak. Either way, this may have damaged the heads, so the repair might not be just a simple gasket change; you may need new heads, or your block cracked. If you already know that you have a leaking gasket, I recommend that you have a mechanic, like ones from YourMechanic, come by and check your car for you to verify that the head gaskets are leaking, and determine why they started leaking.