Q: power steering pump makes noise.

The power steering pump makes a squealing noise when cold. After spraying like WD 40 on pully around the base it stops. Then at a acceleration makes a grinding noise kinda like a bearing noise. No leaks and fluid is nice and red and full. What could it be?

The power steering pump may be going bad if you are hearing a grinding noise. The fluid should not be red, unless the fluid was flushed out and replaced with transmission fluid. Power steering fluid is light brown like fresh engine oil, but a lot thinner.

If the incorrect fluid was put in the pump this could lead to failure of the pump. Check to make sure the pump belt is tight. A loose belt can make the squeal noise and grumbling noise if the belt is too loose. If you nee assistance with these checks, have a certified mechanic inspect your vehicle and pinpoint the source of the noise in order to make the right repair.