Q: How much to repair a u-joint on 2009 bmw 328i all wheel drive x drive? 2009 BMW 328xi

asked by on February 20, 2017

When im driving along, at what ever speed an all of a sudden i kick down the pedal a little to get some speed , the car starts to shake when i get up to 100k,, and when i let off gas it stops , and then continues when i gain soeed again,, how ever when i pull ober an shut the car off then immediately turn it back on the problem stops, unless i kick yhe pedal down again

Car vibrates going uphill Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - I believe, from your symptoms, that you have either a bad flex disk, or a bad transmission mount. The flex disk connects the transmission to the front of the (rearward-facing) driveshaft. It is a giant rubber/fiber doughnut, and degrades over time with age and miles. They have to replaced at long intervals. The transmission mount is suspect as well. When accelerating as you describe, there is a lot of "twist" applied to the engine and transmission mounts. If a transmission mount in particular fails, the engine/transmission move sidways, causing misalignment and vibration in the driveshaft. I recommend a driveline inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.