Q: Hill Start Assist feature is activating on my car

I noticed that when I stop my car on level ground, the Hill Start Assist has been activating. I haven't noticed any other problems, and I have not done any maintenance on the car recently. I turned it off in the settings, but am wondering what the reason for its activation is, and if it will be a problem.

The anti-lock brake (ABS) module receives input from various sensors to determine when your vehicle is stopped on a hill. It then uses this information to apply the brakes and hold the vehicle. One of the main inputs is the vehicle dynamics sensor, which houses both a yaw and acceleration sensor. If your hill assist is operating when it shouldn’t be, my guess it that the problem is with this sensor or its circuit. The problem could also be with the ABS module itself or one of the other sensors it uses as inputs. A trained professional will be able to diagnose and repair the sensors and circuits in your vehicle.

3. Hill Start Assist feature is activating on my car