Q: my engine in my Nissan 350z is making a ratteling noise. The thing is the check engine light does not turn on. Then it goes away b

my engine in my Nissan 350z is making a ratteling noise. The thing is the check engine light does not turn on

Hello, thank you for writing in. Tracking the rattling noise will have to start by observation. Take a good look at the engine while it runs and try to get a better idea of where exactly in the engine it is coming from. Common places are at the belts, interior of the engine, any components that are mounted onto the engine, and the flex plate to the transmission (at the back of the engine). You may also want to check your oil level and quality, as poor oil conditions will cause lifter and valve problems. If the belts seem to be making the noise. Turn the vehicle off and inspect the pulleys. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.