Q: Clutch problem 1991 Acura Integra

Hello I have a 1991 Acura Integra every time I try to turn on my car and I engage the clutch but upon release of the clutch it shuts off and it jerks a bit as if it was in still in gear. I'm not sure what my be the issue

A: Hi there - if in fact your transmission is ...

Hi there - if in fact your transmission is still locked in gear, this would be the correct behavior. If the shifter linkage has failed with the transmission still in gear; or the clutch is dragging or the pilot bearing is frozen - the engine would stall when trying to put the transmission in gear. I would recommend an inspection of your clutch and shifter linkage by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.