Q: Can grease viscosity lead to engine failure?

One morning, I was driving my car for four hours and nothing happened. Everything seems to find ok. When I reached a grocery store and I stopped the engine to go some shopping. When I came back and tried to start the engine again. It can't. I called a mechanic and he said that grease are all blocked and I have to overhauled my engine. Why did the viscosity of grease used in my car suddenly increased and blocked all ways even it is woriking under high temperature?

Assuming you are referring to the engine motor oil, this is not likely something that would cause an engine to fail instantly. As you may know, the motor oil is what lubricates all of the moving parts inside your engine. When the oil pressure drops or there is not sufficient oil in the engine, this will cause major engine damage and ultimately lead to engine failure, however this is not something that happens quickly. It is usually a process that will give some kind of warning.

Without additional detail as to your car’s make and model or additional symptoms leading up to this, it may be difficult to diagnose without inspecting the vehicle. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your car’s no start condition.