Q: 2005 Liberty V6 cranks but won't start - it also shows various MIL codes

The jeep failed to turn over twice after fueling up at a gas station. Then, the vehicle failed to crank but all the lights and everything were still on. It felt like the ignition itself wasn't engaging enough to turn the engine over. I went to replace the ignition switch, and while doing that i found that the actuator was broken. I replaced both parts and now it will crank, but still will not start. Cycling the key, the MIL codes were as followed: P0513, P0522, and P0581. I hoped it was a hiccup due to the electronic malfunction at the switch, so i disconnected the battery cable to reset the codes. The vehicle still will not turn over (even with jumper cables attached) and the P0522 code is the only one that remains. The oil was changed recently, and it's still full and clean on the dipstick. Oil pressure switch (i believe, if it is the single wire plug above the filter) is dry. Since we got the vehicle last year, it would occasionally fail to crank, but then would after a few tries.

A: Extended cranking can set the P0522 code fo...

Extended cranking can set the P0522 code for lack of oil pressure. The P0581 code has to do with the cruise control circuit. I wouldn't concern myself with this one until the car is running. It may clear itself at that time. The code I would pay attention to is the P0513. This code indicates there is a problem with the immobilizer system that uses a transponder signal from the key. Since you were working on the steering column and have replaced parts of the immobilizer system, the key will need to be reprogrammed to the BCM. Unfortunately, this needs to be done with a scanner.

Not every technician has the tools or skill set to program this system. So I will have customer service see if there is a qualified technician in your area that can help you out. They will contact you.

Good luck!