Q: How to remove a clutch slave cylinder from a 1995 Volvo 850 none turbo

asked by on February 25, 2017

I'm trying to remove the clutch slave cylinder from my 1995 Volvo 850 and I'm having a hard time figuring out how it's melted and how to remove it it appears as if it's slipped through a sleeve of some sort and held him place that way but I don't know how to release it

The slave cylinder on your car slides into a mounting sleeve. The two can pretty much fuse together over time making it very difficult to remove. To start with, you might find that removing the radiator fan will give you a better shot at it, it’s worth the extra time it takes. Get yourself a wire brush and a can of good penetrating oil like CRC 5-56. Use the wire brush to clean the exterior around where the two pieces come together and hose it down with the penetrating oil. Let it sit for a few hours and then try again. If it’s completely stubborn, you could try heating it with a propane torch, but that involves fire, so it’s inherently dangerous. If you decide you’ve had enough, you can contact Your Mechanic.They can send a technician to your home to change your slave cylinder for you and take some of the load off.