loud buzzing on driver side while in motion. no dash ligh...

Q: loud buzzing on driver side while in motion. no dash lights on?

asked by on June 22, 2017

While driving there has been a loud buzzing sound on the driver side. It comes & goes while in motion. No strange smells and no dash lights on. Ive also only heard this buzzing when my AC is running. Wondering what this could be?

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several moving parts that can cause a vibration in regards to the air conditioning system. You or a technician will have to go through the components one by one until the vibration is located. Make sure the car is on, AC running, parking brake on, and physically go through the system. Start with the compressor, as it is not only attached to the drive belt, but it works hard to pressurize the system. If it is not the source of the noise and vibration, look to the blower motor that pushes the cold air into the cabin. You can then look into the condenser and the lines. For more help with diagnostics or repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.