Q: Car fan doesn't work

My car fan doesn't work. It misfires violently, gets hot easily, and there are other issues.

It is very possible that your fan not working because your vehicle is running hot. After, the engine warms up, the fan is responsible for keeping the engine at proper temperature when it idles or while driving at lower speeds. When driving at highway speeds, the airflow through the front bumper is all that is needed to keep the engine cool.

Fuel, spark, and compression are needed in order for each cylinder to fire. If a misfire occurs, it is because at least one of those three things are absent. For example, if a head gasket is blown you would have a loss of compression and could also have a loss of coolant which would cause overheating also. Due to the wide range of possible causes, I would recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your AC system to ensure an accurate diagnosis and repair is made.