Q: I have a 2011 Nissan Sentra, just today it started beeping 16 times when I start the car, no indicator lights.

asked by on June 21, 2017

I have a 2011 Nissan Sentra, just today it started beeping 16 times when I start the car. Only 16 times and then it stops. No indicator lights, nothing. What could it be?

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There are no Technical Service Bulletins (NHTSA) covering this particular issue for your year, make and model and I do not see comparable complaints filed from other consumers. Consequently, the underlying fault will have to be diagnosed as an electrical component/circuit fault. The cause could be within the body control module (BCM) and that would be a principal spot to check but first, the Factory Service Manual (with the wiring diagram in particular), accessible to the mechanics, should be consulted because there may be a diagnostic decision tree covering this sort of malfunction. If you request the electrical component/circuit fault diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr