Q: I have a 2011 Nissan Sentra, just today it started beeping 16 times when I start the car, no indicator lights.

I have a 2011 Nissan Sentra, just today it started beeping 16 times when I start the car. Only 16 times and then it stops. No indicator lights, nothing. What could it be?

There are no Technical Service Bulletins (NHTSA) covering this particular issue for your year, make and model and I do not see comparable complaints filed from other consumers. Consequently, the underlying fault will have to be diagnosed as an electrical component/circuit fault. The cause could be within the body control module (BCM) and that would be a principal spot to check but first, the Factory Service Manual (with the wiring diagram in particular), accessible to the mechanics, should be consulted because there may be a diagnostic decision tree covering this sort of malfunction. If you request the electrical component/circuit fault diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2011 Nissan Sentra, just today it started beeping 16 times when I start the car, no indicator lights.