Q: No spark to coil and module

asked by on December 12, 2016

Need to if my computer went have no spark to coil and module. it cranks no start, checked plug wire and coil wire harness and module harness no spark or power, what should check next but i did check fuse box under hood and in side,

There are a number of issues that may cause an ignition system to not produce spark.

A bad crankshaft position (CKP) sensor (on engines that do not have a distributor), or broken, loose or corroded wires from the sensor to the PCM. A bad ignition module (on engines that have a distributor or use an ignition module separate from the PCM) A bad pickup inside the distributor (on engines that have a distributor), a stripped distributor drive gear (common problem with plastic distributor drive gears), broken, loose or corroded wires from the pickup to the ignition module or PCM. A bad ignition coil (on engines that have a distributor and a single coil) A bad rotor or distributor cap (cracks or carbon tracks that are allowing the spark to short to ground) A faulty ignition switch.

Any of the above issues may contribute to a lack of spark problem and should be looked at by a qualified mechanic such as one from YourMechanic. I would suggest having one of our professionals come to your location to diagnose and inspect your spark problem.