Q: Where is the starter on a 2009 Jeep Patriot

My Jeep is no start, no crank. We think the starter is bad or frozen, but can't seem to locate it.

On your car, the starter is below the air cleaner box and air tube. You have to remove those, as well as other components to access the starter. Once you have accessed the connections to the starter, test for power to the starter to be sure it is really the starter and not a fault in the circuit to the starter. Also be sure that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated, thus preventing the car from starting. If you request a no start diagnostic the responding mechanic will get the issue diagnosed and repaired for you whether the problem is in the starter or the starter circuit. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.