Q: Buttery light on the dashboard

My car problem on my dash board buttery light on

Hello. If the battery light is on then that usually means that there is a charging system issue. It is typically caused by a bad alternator, but it can also be due to bad connections or an electrical failure in another area. I usually load test the alternator first and replace it if it fails. It is more than likely the issue.

If it is fine then I check the tightness of all of the electrical connections in the system to make sure that they are clean and tight. Doing this should reveal the problem.

If you are planning on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the battery light firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.