Q: My car is throwing a P2138 code.

My car has a P2138 code. CC blinking and CEL on solid. Car goes into limp mode and engine idles between 2500-3000 RPM. I don't know what to replace or check. I was told it might be the pedal assembly? My CC does not work either. No matter what speed, temperature, etc.

A: Hi there. Here are some potential causes fo...

Hi there. Here are some potential causes for this code: •The wiring connector or "pig tail" on the throttle body could have a poor connection. The female terminals on the pigtail corrode or pull out of the connector. •Possible shorting to ground. •The electronic throttle body is faulty. •The accelerator pedal sensor or its wiring failed. •The engine management computer has failed. The computer "correlates" the signals from the accelerator pedal position sensor and the throttle position sensor. When there is a discrepancy, the code is set. In your case it sounds like there could be short in one of the sensors, assemblies, or the harness as the vehicle is entering limp mode. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.