Q: Q: ABS light illuminated

Hi. The dashboard on my car has been showing ABS light illuminated for quite some time. I took the car tothe shop recently and they had my wheel speed sensor replaced. Should I now disconnect the battery so that the light would go away or wait for it to reset? Thanks.

Hi there. If the shop replaced a bad sensor then they should have cleared the code. Disconnecting the battery may do it, but the proper way to do it is with a scan tool. I would typically scan the computer again for codes to see if there are any other codes present just to verify if they replaced the right sensors. If you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to double check your ABS Light for any further problems and have the light turned off for you.

3. Q: ABS light illuminated