Q: Replaced battery 4 days ago. Car crabking but not starting because of anti theft. Had a locksmith reset it. Wont work again, why?

Replaces a battery. Now cars anti theft wont allow me to start it. I had a locksmith reset the antitheft but not the antitheft isnt working again. Is it a key problem or what?

Hi Kyle. Thanks for the question. It’s likely that your issue is a security code trapped in the ECU. The unfortunate thing about having a locksmith attempt key or security repairs is that 90% of the time, the ECU thinks somebody is manipulating the security system and sets a default code. In most cases, this is something that needs to be resolved by either a Nissan dealership or Nissan specialist. I’d call the dealerships Service department on Monday to see what they recommend, but unfortunately, it’s something one of our mobile mechanics would likely not be able to resolve for you.

3. Replaced battery 4 days ago. Car crabking but not starting because of anti theft. Had a locksmith reset it. Wont work again, why?