Q: Doors wont lock or unlock with fob or switch?

The front driver will not lock or unlock electronically, with the fob or with the door switches. Also, the rear doors will not lock or unlock in any fashion other than manually. The front passenger door works regardless of any method used. The front driver will lock\unlock with a manual key. Any of the buttons used on any door will lock the passenger door but no other doors. Have replaced the fob battery and also checked EVERY fuse and relay. Have tried resetting the door lock sequence from single door to all doors and back several times with no results. There is not a second fob lost in car. What could the problem be? I find it doubtful that 3 actuators would go out and leave the one working in the passenger front fine.

Hello. Further testing should be done to help solve your problem. Being that the door unlock reprogramming procedure has already been done and the fuses have been checked there’s not much left it could be. When you hit the unlock button you should hear a little noise in each of the doors. If you hear the noise that means that the motor inside of the door actuator is working therefore it is likely the actuator itself as the problem. Though if you do not hear any noise that means it is likely the motor inside of the actuator. The actuator motors are very common failure on Lexus. The Lexus Community is almost an uproar because the a L in Lexus should also stand for luxury but there have been widespread simple problems reported such as this. A technician such as those we have here at yourmechanic will be able to diagnose your door lock issue for you firsthand. But if you consider following the test I suggested that should help you narrow down to a solution as well.

It may also be a beneficial to take a door panel off and probe a multi meter to the door actuator connectors to ensure they are receiving the proper power and ground when the buttons are pressed. If they are that only leaves two things that can be at fault. The door actuator or the motor inside of the door actuator.

3. Doors wont lock or unlock with fob or switch?