Q: When I brake I hear a clicking noise.

asked by on May 21, 2017

When I press the brake or accelerate I hear a clicking noise. What can the noise be? I just had my rear brake pads replaced & rotors replaced.

Sometimes when brakes are replaced, a piece of the sheet metal shims can be bent, leading to clicking or even screeching sounds. Or your noise may not be related to the brakes at all. If you hear the noise when you are turning for instance, the noise may be in the CV joints. It’s difficult to say without a technician being able to listen to the car. To have that done at your convenience, contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check your Honda out right there on the spot and let you know what it will take to fix it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr