Q: Map sensor car won't start up good ?

asked by on August 02, 2016

My CEL code in my rsx type s flashes 5 indicating that my (MAP) sensor manifold absolute pressure sensor is whats wrong. my car hesitates to start sometimes won't start at all if I changed the map sensor will the car start up new what to do ? I checked the spark plugs and cleaned them properly help please the only problem with the car is starting up once started up the car drives fine it's starting the car is was difficult it sometimes will leave me stranded but the car never stalled on me it just I gotta hold the key on for the car to keep cranking and start

Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP Sensor) Replacement $115.46 - $539.23 Get a Quote
Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your MAP sensor is an important input for your computer. It helps determine the load on the engine to calculate the correct amount of fuel to inject. It sometimes takes a few seconds for the vehicle to realize that the sensor is not producing a good signal.

At that point, it will use other methods to determine the fuel rate, such as pre-programmed fuel maps, throttle position, etc. I would suggest replacing the MAP sensor and retesting. If you would like to have it checked first, a certified technician from YourMechanic will be able to scan your vehicle and test components to determine the root cause of your starting issue before making a repair.