Q: How do I use the engine block heater in a 2012 Dodge Ram?

How do I use the engine block heater?

The engine block heater helps heat up your engine during very cold weather. If your vehicle has the engine block heater, you should always use it when starting your car in extremely cold conditions. Here’s how.

1. Locate the engine block heater cord, which may come through the grill, or may be under the hood.

2. Attach the engine block heater cord to a three-pronged extension cord.

3. Plug the extension cord into a traditional 110-150 Volt electrical outlet.

4. Leave the car alone for at least an hour, while the engine heats up.

5. Unplug the extension cord and the engine block heater cord, and fire up your engine.