Q: car hesitates on initial acceleration. White smoke and rpms shoot up during drive

Could it be head gasket? Audi A4, can i do myself?

If you see white smoke and your coolant level is getting low, or the vehicle is overheating, then you may have a blown head gasket or a cracked head. If you’re not familiar with this type of repair I would not recommend trying to do the job yourself. I wouldn’t recommend a head to be removed by anybody but a qualified mechanic that has the special tools and knowledge to do the job.

Your car must have overheated for the head gasket to blow, for this reason it will need to be found before the head is removed for repairs. A certified mechanic will be able to diagnose your acceleration issue accurately and make the necessary repairs to get your car running smoothly again.

• car hesitates on initial acceleration. White smoke and rpms shoot up during drive