Q: After shifting into 3rd gear, truck won't accelerate

My truck is having what I think is transmission problems. After I shift to 3rd gear and hit around 40 mph, my truck will no longer accelerate. When I press on the gas pedal, the RPM goes out. It feels like the truck is just moving in neutral after I reach 40 mph. Please tell me what is causing this so that I can get it fixed. Thanks.

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2006 GMC Sierra 1500HD. It sounds like the transmission is slipping. Replacing or rebuilding the transmission is likely the cure. To be certain, I suggest having a professional inspect your vehicle firsthand.