Q: I ran out of gas the other day, when I got gas, it wouldn't start

asked by on October 02, 2017

t of gas the other day and tried to start iy so o wouldn't be in traffic when i got hss i needed a jump and it still wouldNt start It sounds like it wants to though

Your car has an in-tank submersible fuel pump. when it is operating the fuel passes through the motor itself and is used to cool and lubricate the pump. When the car is run out of gas, and you attempt to re-start it, the fuel pump is running dry and if it is an older car with some miles on it, that is often enough to finish the pump off. I’m afraid the days when you can run out of gas, add a gallon from a milk jug, and motor on are long behind us. Quite often you will not get started again until you replace the fuel pump. But don’t run out and buy a pump just yet, there might be other factors at work. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to you home or office to check out your Hyundai and let you know what it will take to get you going again