Q: White smoke coming from exhaust after turbo blew

The turbo blew, and there is white smoke coming out of the exhaust.

A: Hi! A leaking turbo will usually present it...

Hi! A leaking turbo will usually present itself through white smoke exiting the exhaust. Usually the white smoke will result from the turbo leaking oil internally but will occasionally result from internal coolant leakage. There will probably be lots of buildup so the turbo may have to be cleaned then reinstalled and reinspected to accurately locate the source of the leak. Valve leakage is also a common cause of white smoke exiting the exhaust. To check the valves I would also recommend testing the compression ratio of the engine. The compression test will help expose any other internal engine leakage that may be present. To verify if this is the case I would suggest that a trained technician inspect the smoke that you are describing and check the inside of the turbo for leakage.