Q: Car won't start and check engine light on

Was in a small fender bender yesterday, hit the right side front of my car into front of another car. Minimal damage, outer headlight popped out and denting to the body of car above right wheel. My fiancé popped the dent out best he could and popped headlight back in, it drove home fine. Today drove my car to work fine, then went to leave and car wouldn't start, the engine wouldn't even try to turn over, it made the smallest clicking noise when I tried to start it. One click when turning the key over, and one click when I stopped turning key. My music will come on and windows will work and also check engine light comes on. I need to know what this is. None of my lights were left on, and ive never had my car not start after being able to turn the key for music and other car functions.
Also my cars battery was replaced only a year and a half ago. My car has 198000 miles.

A: Hello. A no start, click sound condition li...

Hello. A no start, click sound condition like the one you describe, is usually caused by a low battery. It may be possible that your battery has enough power to run your accessories, but not enough to start the engine. I would have the battery tested to be sure that it is working properly. Also, carefully examine the area of the vehicle damaged by the accident for any possible wiring damage. If any electrical wires were damaged during the accident, then that may have possibly created a small short, that could have drained your battery. If you want to have your starting issue diagnosed, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to service your car.