Q: Car wont start even with jumper cables

Yesterday my truck wouldnt start and was making a rapid clicking noise. I was able to start it just fine with jumper cables, but this morning I couldn't get it to start at all. It wasnt making any clicking noises just seriously struggling to turn over even after letting the cables sit on it and charge for a solid 10+ minutes.

It sounds like your battery is completly dead. This could have happened either because the battery is old and failed or because the alternator is not sufficiently charging the battery. This issue can be resolved in two different ways depending on the condition of the battery. If the battery is good, it can be charged up in order to test the alternator and determine if it is functional. If the alternator is not functional, the alternator should be replaced. The second way to resolve this issue is to replace the battery as opposed to charging it, and then check the alternator’s output. Consider YourMechanic as batteries and alternators can be tested and replaced at your home or office.

3. Car wont start even with jumper cables