Q: Locate power window fuse

I have the touring edition with power windows. (The lock is not engaged and my car does not have auto up only express on drivers side) The drivers window rolled down and will not go back up! All three other windows still go up and down from drivers panel. I took to dealership and they said I needed a new relay and would cost around 400.00. When you push or pull the switch you can hear it clicking. I'm curious where the window fuse is in my fuse box (which number) and also where is this relay they are referring to and is it something I could do with a little direction or do I need to take back Monday! I just feel 400 is way high for a relay or fuse but can't find any information on its location! Finally if it was a relay or fuse wouldn't all of them be out not just one going up I just think this has to be easier then it sounds? Thanks I appreciate any help

Hi there. Thanks for writing in to YourMechanic.com. Although I understand your frustration about the cost of replacing an electrical relay, I can’t recommend removing the single fuse to attempt to resolve this problem for two reasons. First, the fuse powers more than just the single power window motor and two, it can and often does cause additional electrical component issues. If you’d like to complete this on your own, you might be able to locate the fuse locations in the owner manual or downloading an electrical schematic online.

3. Locate power window fuse