Q: Why does my blower motor not work after a crossed wire problem in my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

resistor wire connector crossed somehow melted now the heater blower and resistor do not work but the fuse to them didn't blow either, what could've happened and what would we need to repair ?

My car has 360,000 kms My car has an automatic transmission.

Hello. Depending on exactly where the short was it may not blow the fuse. Most of the time it will melt the resistor itself internally. It may also have a short in another location. I usually take a voltage meter and check for power at the resistor and then diagnose it from there. If there is power to the resistor and none coming out then it is bad. If you want to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the blower motor is not working] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/heater-blower-motor-resistor-replacement

• Why does my blower motor not work after a crossed wire problem in my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix