Q: Car won't start. I have a push button start so we couldn't jump it

Car won't start. I have a I keyless start button so we couldn't jump it. What do I do?

A: Hi there. Even a push start button vehicle ...

Hi there. Even a push start button vehicle can be jump started; it's done the same as any other vehicle with the exception of a hybrid. More than likely, you have a failed battery. I recommend the use of portable lithium ion jump packs for jump starting. These packs provide enough amperage to jump start most vehicles today and have a built in protection circuit in case you hook it up incorrectly. They also help prevent against electrical overload and usually will not cause any issues with the electrical system. If your alternator has failed, then jumping the battery will not help as the alternator is needed to maintain the charge of the battery. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid any additional concerns and avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a car does not start inspection.