Q: knocking noise coming from transmission

i was driving and a car was unknowingly veering into my lane so i adjusted my car, not knowing the curb kicked out a little, my front right tire hit the curb,my car did not go onto the sidewalk it was not a hard impact, i continued driving but now whenever my car is in gear (5 speed manual) and the clutch is out there is a hard banging coming from the front end when the clutch is in or the car is out of gear there is no banging. i glanced under the car and seen nothing bent or out of place ( i have to check again) i plan on removing the axles and dropping the transmission this weekend any advice is welcome to what you think the issue is . The car can still drive and shift (sometimes shifting is hard)

Hi there. It is more than likely that you have either a damaged CV joint or axle, especially if you hit a curb. If you are going to remove everything, I would recommend inspecting the inner CV axle shaft input to ensure it is not bent; as this can commonly occur. If you need help diagnosing the noise before you remove parts, you can have one of our professional mechanics come to your location to help.

3. knocking noise coming from transmission