Q: Which side of a driveshaft do you put the spline on or does it matter?

Which side of the drive shaft does the slip yolk or spleen go on?/ or does it matter ?

The spline on the drive shaft should be as close to the transmission or transfer case as possible for the rear and front applications. This prevents any unwanted twisting torsional motion with the driveshaft and allows the yoke to have a free movement when going over inclined and declined areas on the roadway. If you need further assistance with your driveshaft installation, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Which side of a driveshaft do you put the spline on or does it matter?