Q: Beeping noise, intelligent key upgrade

My car has gone around 15,000 miles and it has an upgraded navigation and intelligent key. The car has been beeping lately for no apparent reason. I was wondering if the upgraded key could cause it to beep. I went to the dealership for this problem but I was told that everything is okay. The beeping is usually louder than the usual beeping. It is a steady beeping pattern. It usually lasts up to 15 seconds. On one occasion, it was louder than it has ever been, like a high-pitched beeping noise. Do you have any ideas?

A: Hello. The beeping sound you describe for y...

Hello. The beeping sound you describe for your 2011 Nissan Cube will be hard to pinpoint without seeing the vehicle, especially since you have an upgraded navigation unit. A good piece of information to have would be when the beeping starts. It could be something as simple as a seatbelt not being on. You may want to consult a professional technician outside of the dealership to give you a second opinion on the beeping noise by inspecting the sound in person. Make sure the beeping sound is prevalent when you go to have it checked!