Q: My car skips sometimes when I stop going downhill and sometimes on curves

I just got new brakes and new tires when i stop going downhill my car skips like its not going to stop. Some times when Im on curves it skipa to the side.

It sounds like one of the ABS sensors may have gotten moved or disturbed when having the brakes done. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information simultaneously to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car skips sometimes when I stop going downhill and sometimes on curves