Q: Why Isn't My Car Door Locking?

Why won't my car door lock?

Remote car door lock problems can also be due to a variety of issues. Five of the most common reasons for a car door lock not working properly are a dead battery in the key fob, bad programming in the fob, a blown fuse, a bad solenoid or a broken wire.

There are also a number of reasons that your car door won’t lock. It could be that you have a wiring problem that prevents the door lock motor from being electrically actuated. The door lock actuator itself could be malfunctioning. The door lock linkage inside the car door could be disconnected or broken causing the door lock actuator to not work. There are other possible causes that would require the attention of a professional technician.

If your car door lock isn’t working, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose your door locks and let you know what needs to be fixed.

3. Why Isn't My Car Door Locking?