Q: How does the brake assist system work?

How does the brake assist system work?

Once upon a time, cars only had one braking system. When you pressed the brake pedal, the brakes would activate and slow down the car, eventually allowing you to stop it. Today, you have a number of different brake systems, including the brake assist system. Here’s how it works:

1. When you press the brake pedal, the brake assist system kicks in. Its sole purpose is to make it possible to press the pedal with less force during emergency braking and achieve better braking performance.

Tips

• When you press the pedal, you may hear a noise from the brake assist system. This is normal.

• When the brake assist system engages, you may feel a slight movement in the brake pedal. This is normal.

3. How does the brake assist system work?