Q: I took my transmission out to change out 3 freeze plugs on the motor. Tt's a 88 chevy s10 witg 2.8. I put everything back and now the clutch don't work.

the truck is. 1988 chevy s10 with a 2.8 motor. freeze plugs started leaking from where the trans bolts up to the motor. so took off transmission and replaces them. i put the fly wheele on the motor bolted it up then put the clutch on bolted it up nice and straight then put the trans on. felt like it slid right into place. all bolts lined up smooth sailing. but now my clutch wont work. i tried to bleed the clutch. maybe some air got in there and after i did that. still dont work and i put fresh break flued in there. so it has fluid

Hi there. Check the slave cylinder on the clutch system and see if it’s leaking. If there is no leak, then operate the clutch pedal and have someone watch the slave cylinder. If the clutch fork is moving all the way, then the clutch pressure plate could have failed. If the clutch fork is not moving, then there is either air in the clutch hydraulic system or the slave cylinder has failed. If you need further assistance with your clutch system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I took my transmission out to change out 3 freeze plugs on the motor. Tt's a 88 chevy s10 witg 2.8. I put everything back and now the clutch don't work.