Q: Driver's side door won't open from outside

On the driver's side of the door, the door will not open from the outside. When I get into the passenger side, I can use the door handle on the driver's side of the door to open door from the inside.

Hello. This is a common issue. The door handles are linked to the latch assembly via metal rods. The rods are inserted into the door handle which is made of plastic. Over time, the plastic part of the door handle where the rod is located breaks. The repair is a complete door handle replacement. Some vehicle have updated parts where the stress point of the handle is now metal. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect the door issue for you and confirm if this is in fact the issue.

3. Driver's side door won't open from outside