Q: Car won't move

My car won't move. It'll start and do into drive but it won't budge. The check engine light is on for a MAP sensor but is that the problem

Besides the MAP sensor code, you may have a transmission major failure or a problem with the shift cable. The shift cable bushings wear out and these vehicles sometimes the cable will pop off of the shift linkage of the transmission from the worn out bushings. The dealer will want to sell you a new complete cable assembly, but sometimes an aftermarket replacement bushing may be available depending on the type of bushing you have.

It would have to be inspected to see if this is the problem, or you have more major issues with the transmission. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.com come to your home or business, diagnose your Check Engine Light, and recommend the best path to repair.

3. Car won't move