Q: can i put dexos oil in my sunfire?

Can i replace the oil in my 2000 sunfire with dexos oil?

You sure can, it needs to be 5w-30 which is the correct viscosity (flow rate of oil) for your vehicle. I recommend the use of this oil.

Q: Could a leaking master cylinder cause the brakes to go to the floor very suddenly? 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

Hi - yes, a master cylinder problem, or a leak in the brake system anywhere, could cause "sudden loss of pedal". Check your brake fluid level first for low fluid. If fluid gets low enough that air gets in the...

Q: Hydraulic problem with engine lifters knocking.

Hi there. If the lifters are indeed tapping, then they are probably sticking. Try putting one quart of transmission fluid in the engine and run the engine for 15 minutes at 3,000 rpm. This will thin out the original oil...

Q: Possible damage to engine due to previous owners error

This is the first time in my 30 plus years as a master mechanic I have ever heard of someone flushing the engine oil with a garden hose. Are you sure the previous owner did not open the radiator drain...