Q: can i put dexos oil in my sunfire?

asked by on September 18, 2016

Can i replace the oil in my 2000 sunfire with dexos oil?

You sure can, it needs to be 5w-30 which is the correct viscosity (flow rate of oil) for your vehicle. I recommend the use of this oil.

Car is shaking and the steering wheel violently jerks

Hi there: If the issues started when they rotated the previous rear tires to the front without balancing them, I'd bet that's what is causing the vibration and steering wheel issues. Before you continue driving the vehicle much longer, I'd...

Car stalling and giving code P1131.

Hello. P1131 indicates an issue with one of your oxygen sensors. When this code appears it is because the oxygen sensor that is closest to the engine is not switching or varying voltage. More than likely this sensor will need...

My check engine light came on and the it was diagnosed as op128 so I got gas screwed on my cap and my light turned off how is this

First, a trouble code P0128 does have to do with coolant, but it is not the level. This code is set when the relationship between the coolant temperature sensor and the intake air temperature sensor don't increase at a predetermined...

A piece of cardboard/paper from the coolant jug was accidentally dropped into the coolant tank.

Unfortunately, this tiny piece of cardboard will not dissolve in coolant as it is designed to withstand the chemical makeup of the coolant. This can become lodged in areas inside the radiator that will prevent the proper flow of coolant...

Tranny fluid leaked out while driving.

Hi there. A transmission is a hydraulic system, which requires constant flow of fluid to operate the internal components inside. If you have transmission fluid that is leaking, you might want to first find out where the leak is coming...

New car having trouble reversing

I am imagining that your driveway is on a steep hill and you are backing out uphill. If that is the case, I would expect that you would have to step on the gas to make the car go backwards....

Oil leak after hitting dip

If you hit a dip, and then started leaking oil it is very possible that you may have damaged your oil pan, or the gasket. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, look at the...

Oil change

Oil and filter change intervals are specified by vehicle manufacturers, not mechanics, in carefully considered and prepared "maintenance schedules". Mechanics do not have the necessary field test data, or laboratory data, to wisely specify oil change intervals other than what...

Hello,my name is Sandra, I have a'05 Pontiac G6,it has a sunroof and water is leaking on the floorboards on both sides,of back. I'

Water is like electricity. It follows the path of least resistance. Manufacturers have learned to make water flow over or through the car easily to keep it from getting to the interior. Hearing water sloshing inside any of the doors...