Q: can i put dexos oil in my sunfire?

Can i replace the oil in my 2000 sunfire with dexos oil?

A: You sure can, it needs to be 5w-30 which is...

You sure can, it needs to be 5w-30 which is the correct viscosity (flow rate of oil) for your vehicle. I recommend the use of this oil.

Q: My car keeps cutting off everytime I turn my steering wheel. Cranks up just fine but once I turn the wheel it turns off.

Hi There, Your car has a power steering pressure switch that sends a signal to the engine computer when the steering wheel is turned. In response, the engine computer commands the fuel injectors to introduce a little more fuel into...

Q: Band need replaced, shop wants to rebuild transmission, is that necessary?

The transmission bands have a material on them that is similar to brake pad material. When the clutch bands wear the worn off material gets into the fluid and throughout the entire transmission. Also just because the band is the...

Q: My toyota scion xa has about 98,000 miles. Do you thinkle it's wise to get a flush?

Per the manufacturer, the engine coolant on the Scion should be replaced at 100,000 miles (and every 50,000 miles thereafter). The spark plugs should be replaced every 30,000 miles (that is very important). It is a good idea to change...