Q: can i put dexos oil in my sunfire?

Can i replace the oil in my 2000 sunfire with dexos oil?

You sure can, it needs to be 5w-30 which is the correct viscosity (flow rate of oil) for your vehicle. I recommend the use of this oil.

Q: Whining noise when car start up. No leaks. No engine light.

You should first check to see if the power steering is low on fluid and top it off. Keeping the fluid full will keep pump from locking up. It should not cause any harm to the motor. Have the pump...

Q: Where and how do I check the transmission fluid? 2007 Toyota Tundra

Hi there - there is an oil port on the side of the transmission case where oil level can be checked. Requires getting the truck up on a lift. There is a specific process (and fluid temperature) for this check,...

Q: Are these oil leak problems related?

If the oil filter housing is integral to the oil cooler, or the housing had to be removed to service the cooler, a professional mechanic with knowledge of the limited service life of rubber seals would have absolutely (guaranteed) replaced...