Q: can i put dexos oil in my sunfire?

Can i replace the oil in my 2000 sunfire with dexos oil?

A: You sure can, it needs to be 5w-30 which is...

You sure can, it needs to be 5w-30 which is the correct viscosity (flow rate of oil) for your vehicle. I recommend the use of this oil.

Q: How a timing chain works

Deciding whether to replace the timing chain or get a new car would depend on why the timing chain went bad in the first place, and if it did any other engine damage. Often when timing chains fail the engine...

Q: Car just shuts off while driving down the road, no codes are coming up.

The fuel and/or ignition system has an intermittent fault due to an electrical problem. The sensors that feed into these systems could be implicated. The Factory Service Manual has a decision tree to diagnose an issue such as this. Basically,...

Q: What service should I perform on the car besides the oil and filter change?

Your vehicle should be serviced on a regular basis and different services are done at different mileages. If you are not sure of what service to do or what is needed, then I suggest you have the vehicle oil and...