Q: Computer Problem? 2014 Honda Civic

Just last year I took my car to the dealers since the car shutoff while driving. They replaced the pcm or ecm. Currently my car doesn't start without it being jump started. Do you think it is the same issue? I took to dealers and they said that they are going to have to run a diagnostics test and charge me 100 and something dollars since I'm out of warranty. What would you recommended I do for my car and myself. I am endangering myself driving a car that could shutoff anytime. Also wouldn't the pcm be under powertrain warranty?

Hello - I would first go to an auto parts store and have them check for any problem codes (this is normally free), whether the Check Engine light is on or not. Depending on the results of the code scan, this may or may not be an PCM/ECM issue - they are usually pretty dependable. Your powertrain warranty (which covers the PCM) is 5 years/60,000 miles - whichever comes first. There are a series of Technical Service Bulletins relating to problem with false fuel gauge readings, which can require replacement of the PCM (which you have already done). For assistance with these issues, I recommend a car is not starting inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.