Q: Clunking noise from rear suspension

I hear a clunking noise from my rear suspension when going over little bumps or more on rough roads. It is less noticeable on higher speeds or bigger bumps. Most noticeable when bumps are only on one side of the wheels. Changed the rear shocks with KYB shocks , but noise did not go away? Is there a common problem with the rear suspension of the Veracruz? it has 130 000 kms on it. Thanks

It is possible that you could have some play in your rear control arm bushings or rear toe adjustment links. I would recommend having a rear suspension inspection performed by a qualified professional to determine where the noise is coming from. This will include shaking down the wheels in all directions and noting excessive movements. Once the exact part that is causing the issue has been diagnosed and replaced, an alignment will be required in order to bring the vehicle back to specification.

3. Clunking noise from rear suspension