Q: TMPS won't turn off

I traded my 16" tire rims for a pair of 18" tire rims that came off of a 2014 VW Passat, and everything fits perfectly. The only problem was with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System light that won’t turn off. I can’t find a way to reset it. The tires are fully inflated and aren't low on pressure. Should I worry about this? Is there a way to reset my TPMS so the light goes off?

Hello. If you maintain the pressure on the tires then you do not need to worry about it if the warning light does not bother you. If you want to get it to turn off then you need a computer scan tool that will turn the TPMS system on into learning mode. There is no way to do this without a scan tool.

If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you home or office to diagnose your warning light and help you turn it off if you decide to.

3. TMPS won't turn off