Q: 97 chevy lumina low coolant light is blinking on and off and the coolant reservoir is bubbling over but car is not overheating wha

97 chevy lumina low coolant light is blinking on and off and the coolant reservoir is bubbling over onto ground but car is not overheating what it could be?

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The cooling system overflows into the reservoir when the pressure rises and the coolant is forced to go somewhere. This can mean a few different issues are occurring, but you should start with having your radiator cap pressure tested. If the cap is not regulating coolant pressure, it will cause your symptoms, and further damaged down the line. If the cap tests okay, then you will want to look into your thermostat. You can also check the actual temperature of the engine with an external thermometer (like a infrared thermometer), to see if the engine is in fact overheating or not (as your dashboard gauge does not always accurate depending on the functionality of the cooling system). For more help with the cooling system issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 97 chevy lumina low coolant light is blinking on and off and the coolant reservoir is bubbling over but car is not overheating wha